The TARANIS mixes the power of the “OPEN TX” open-source software with an unbelievable ergonomic case with 8 programmable switches, two twist knobs and two easy to get to lateral 'slider' pots, and not to mention the ultra-smooth quad bearing gimbals.
The TARANIS utilizes Voice Alerts from an internal speaker, versus just an annoying beeper. For things like; audible Count down timers, low voltage warnings, landing gear down warnings etc., just about anything can be programed, you can even use your own voice. The SD card slot offers unlimited memory options and a USB port for upgrades even a headphone jack.
One of the best features of the TARANIS is its full telemetry capability, as well as RSSI signal strength feedback, there are 3 different programmable failsafe modes and receiver lock, so no more crashes due to selecting the wrong model. If you have stock in other brand receivers or BNF’s, no worries the TARANIS has a JR style RF module slot, so you have the option of other brand modules such as the Orange DSM2/DSMX or Open LRS 433mhz module, or pop in another Frsky module to expand the transmitters capabilities even more with duel RF.
When you put it all together, between FrSky ACCST technology and the power of “OPEN TX” software and community, a ergonomic case with ultra-smooth smooth ball bearing gimbals and a large backlit LCD with a included aluminum case and battery pack. You have versatility and power at an unprecedented value.
- Haptic Vibration Feedback System
- Adjustable Screen colors (White to Blue)
- Newest Firmware
- RSSI alarms (warns you of reception problems before it becomes an accident)
- 16 channels (more when combined with external module)
- 64 mixers, 9 flight modes
- 16 custom curves with 3-17 points each, 32 logic switches
- Self-test of the transmitter antenna
- 60 Model memory (expandable via a SD card)
- Audio Speech outputs
- USB and SD card slot for unlimited memory, and firmware upgrades, sound editing.
- Long range system capable of up to 3 times the range of current systems
- Quad bearing gimbals that are silky smooth
- State-of-the-art open source software (open TX)
- Super low latency for ultra-quick response (9ms)
- Large backlit display
- Real-time data logging
- Receiver lock (program locked to aircraft)
- JR Style module bay for additional RF modules
- Processor: STM32 ARM Cortex M3 60MHz
- • Full telemetry ACCST 2.4GHz system using the PXX protocol for super low latency
- • RSSI alarms (warns you of receiver signal reception problems before disaster strikes)
- • Haptic Feedback vibration
- • 16 channels (32 channels when combined with an external XJT module)
- • 60 model memories (extendable by SD card)
- • 64 mixers, 9 flight modes
- • 16 custom curves with 2 to 17 points each
- • 32 logic switches
- • Voice or custom sound alerts
- • USB and SD card slot for system expansion
- • Long range system capable of up to 2 times the range of current 2.4 systems
- • Quad bearing gimbals that are silky smooth
- • State of the art open source software
- • Large 212 X 64 backlit LCD screen (2 backlight colour options)
- • Real time data logging
- • Receiver lock (program locked to aircraft limited to FrSky receivers running PXX protocol)
- • JR Style module bay for additional RF modules and so much more
- • Selectable tx mode (1, 2, 3, or 4). Ships in Mode 2, Throttle on left stick.
- • 3 timers, count up or down, throttle %, talking, etc.
- • Trims Adjustable from course to extra fine with extended and exponential trim options.
- • Standard trainer jack
- • ARM Cortex M3 32bit 120MHz
- • Integrates with OpenTX Companion (Windows/Mac/Linux) – a FREE computer program that can be used to set up models. It also has wizards to speed up the setup process. You can save, edit and share your models and settings as well as simulate your transmitter or model setup.
- • USB connection (Mini USB B connector) for firmware upgrades, sound editing, R/W to the microSD card and
integrate with OpenTX Companion.
- • Multiple language support (Radio arrives configured for English language)
- • System: D16, D8, LR12, switchable
- • Compatibility: FrSky X series, D series and V8II series receivers (plus other receivers if an external module is
used). Note that the Taranis X9D Plus EU version is only compatible with LR and X series EU version receivers.
- • Operating Voltage Range:6~15V DC (2S, 3S Lipos are acceptable) A 7.2V 2000mAh low self-discharge
6 cell Nickel–metal hydride battery is standard.
- • Current drain: 260 mA maximum (both RF power and backlight on).
- • Operating temperature: 10°C to 60 °C
- • Operating humidity: 45%80%
- • Operating barometric pressure: 860MBar1060Mbar
- 1 x FrSky Taranis X9D Plus Transmitter (Default mode 2)
- 1 x Soft Case
- 1 x battery
- 1 x UK style charger
- 1 x manual
- 1 x neck strap
Please note that this radio does not come with a receiver, we suggest you use the X8R or X4RSB receiver with this.