TRAXXAS TRX 3.3 Engine with recoil pull starter (TRX5407)
Traxxas TRX® Racing Engines are fueled by a passion for performance, innovation and quality. Traxxas engineers are dedicated to redefining the state of the art in engine technology. This includes listening to our customers, and developing the highest standards and conventions that would meet the performance challenge.
The TRX 3.3 Racing Engine draws from a legacy of precision Traxxas engine design and manufacturing. Traxxas has always been at the forefront of innovation, beginning with the powerful and reliable TRX® Pro.15. Next, the Traxxas EZ-Start® system ushered in a new era of convenience and ease of use with true, push-button electric starting. EZ-Start later evolved to incorporate built-in diagnostic functions, LED indicators, a constant-voltage glow plug circuit, and more powerful starter motors. Then came the TRX 2.5, a marvel of award-winning power and technology that set the bar for Ready-To-Race® performance to unimaginable new heights.
Fast forward to the present (2006) and 14-years of nitro engine development have culminated into the most powerful TRX engine ever made, the TRX 3.3 Racing Engine. It embodies everything we’ve learned from over a decade of making engines more powerful, more reliable, and easier to use. The TRX 3.3 Racing Engine is so powerful it establishes a whole new classification of power…. Extreme Power!
The TRX 3.3 produces an extreme 60% more peak horsepower compared to the TRX 2.5! The overall power under the curve is nearly 50% greater to deliver the smooth, linear power output TRX engines are famous for. The TRX 3.3 Racing Engine offers thoroughbred race engine performance that’s absolutely second to none. There’s no penalty to pay for having more power either. The TRX 3.3 Racing Engine is equipped with EZ-Start push-button electric starting and simple, reliable tuning from the two-needle composite slide carburetor. Plus it’s backed by the support and reliability you expect from Traxxas including the Exclusive Lifetime Engine Replacement Plan.
The TRX 3.3 Racing Engine is truly the pinnacle of power and reliability and represents the commitment to total performance Traxxas carries to the customer.
- Extreme power output
- 60% more peak horsepower than the TRX 2.5
- Nearly 50% more total power under the curve
- Consistent and smooth throughout the entire power band
- Straight-through exhaust flow
- TRX composite slide carburetor
- TRX IPS crankshaft
- Knife-edged connecting rod
- Long rod design
- Offset wrist pin
- Smooth tubular header
- Large aluminum blue-anodized cooling head
- Molded head protector protects the cooling head from damage
- Head protector is securely fastened with screws
- High-volume air filter does not restrict air intake
- O-ring exhaust gasket
- Super-light piston and rod
- Square reciprocal geometry
- High-performance ball bearings
- 100% drop-in compatibility with TRX 2.5 equipped models
- Backed by Traxxas Lifetime Engine Replacement Plan.
- Displacement: : .20 cu. in. (3.28 cc)
- Recommended Fuel: : Glow
- Total Weight: : 10.9oz (305g)